NAVION® is a Dewesoft inertial navigation system platform for accurate position, orientation, velocity, and acceleration measurements. Measurements are estimated by a Kalman-based algorithm that combines GNSS positioning with the measurements provided by a MEMS-based inertial measurement unit.
NAVION® is the world’s high-performance inertial navigation system of size and weight. It is bundled with a dual antenna for heading and RTK correction configuration which improves positioning accuracy down to 1 cm.
- Performant/affordable INS: NAVION® i2 is our highest-performing inertial navigation system (INS). It offers a great price-performance ratio and can be used in several navigational measurement applications.
- RTK by default: The real-time kinematics (RTK) option on NAVION devices is turned on by default. RTK correction improves positioning accuracy down to 1 cm.
- Dual antenna heading: Instant and accurate heading determination. With the two antennas included as standard, you have precise heading information within seconds while standing.
- High-performance IMU: NAVION features an integrated MEMS-based IMU with gyroscopes, accelerometers, magnetometers, and pressure sensors. It can also work as a 9-degrees of freedom (DOF) IMU. The IMU-aided navigation reduces errors caused by GNSS outages.
- Fast Ethernet connection: The Navion devices offer secure and fast data streaming via Ethernet communication interface to the PC running DewesoftX software.
- Rugged IP68 device: NAVION i2 device features a very rugged design with IP68 standard protection. It is resistant to shocks, falls, and even water. It works in extreme environments and temperatures from -40 °C to +71 °C.
- Flexible and distributable: Navion offers flexibility. Several NAVION® devices can be distributed and synchronized together over the ethernet connection or Dewesoft DS-WIFI wireless system without requiring additional PCs.
- CAN bus output: NAVION® i2 features a CAN bus output port. Once the device is configured and initialized the unit can operate autonomously without connection to DewesoftX software. This makes it ready for integration into 3rd party systems.
- PPS output: NAVION® i2 has a PPS synchronization port (via LEMO 4-pin connector) which can be used as the synchronization clock source for all other Dewesoft data acquisition devices.
- External inputs: Additional RS232 input for RTK GNSS corrections with support of CMR+, RTCM 2.3, and RTCM 3.x. and a digital input for either odometer or brake pedal switch sensor.
- Supports all constellations: NAVION® devices offer support for all GNSS satellite constellations: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, AltBOC, E5a, E5b NavlC (IRNSS).
- Dewesoft flexibility: Connect additional analog sensors (strain gauge, force, temperature, CAN bus, GPS, and countless other data sources) and measure additional parameters simultaneously, with all data perfectly synchronized.